Restore statehood of Jammu and Kashmir : LJP

LJP national spokesman Sanjay Saraf has said that the statehood of Jammu and Kashmir should be restored at the earliest.

Srinagar: Welcoming the industrial policy, LJP national spokesman Sanjay Saraf said that 35 per cent should be reserved for local traders and businessmen. Addressing a press conference at Press Club Srinagar, Saraf said that the remaining 65 per cent 20 per cent employment also should be reserved for local youth. Congratulating the central government on hosting the sports event in Gulmarg, Saraf said that such activities would boost tourism in the valley and improve the economic condition of the valley.

Boost Tourism

“Economy of the state is largely dependent on tourism activities and such programs will boost the tourism sector in the valley”. Saraf said.

Sanjay Saraf addressing press conference in Srinagar
LJP national spokesman Sanjay Saraf addressing a press conference at Press Club in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir

While advocating for the establishment of a tourist guide institute, he said that it would provide employment to the youth and the same will be of great help to foreign tourists in learning about the valley.

Indo-Pak border ceasefire

Welcoming the ceasefire agreement on the Indo-Pak border, LJP national spokesperson Sanjay Saraf said that the people of Jammu and Kashmir were most benefited by the silence on the borders. He said that both the countries would have to go one step further and work harder to create a peaceful atmosphere in Jammu and Kashmir. He termed the negotiation process as the solution to all issues. The LJP has been advocating issues through dialogue since day one, and the steps taken by the central government are welcome. Calling guns a tool of destruction, he said guns do not solve problems and violence.

Kashmiri Pandits

Demanding the honourable return of Kashmiri Pandits, Saraf said that those who have their homes in the valley should be relocated to their homes immediately. He said that the Center should immediately formulate a policy on returning of Kashmiri Pandits.

Cracking on Drug Dealers

Advocating for cracking down on death dealers involved in the spread of drugs, LJP national spokesperson said that every conscious human being should play the role in eradicating drugs. Saraf said that these drug dealers are not the enemies of any religion, nation or caste but they are the enemies of humanity. There is an enemy, and its eradication is necessary in any case. Saraf also appealed to the government and the administration to further mobilize the law enforcement agencies in this regard to curtail these dealers.

Restore Statehood

Demanding restoration of statehood to Jammu and Kashmir, Saraf said that now is the time to restore statehood in Jammu and Kashmir so that the situation becomes more conducive. Saraf said that giving back the status of state to Jammu and Kashmir is also in favor of the people of Jammu and Kashmir, and the problems and situation that the people here have been facing for the last 30 years are still there.

Bad Conditions of Roads

Expressing anger over the dilapidated condition of roads in the valley due to snowfall during winter, he said that immediate steps should be taken to repair these roads. He said that in any country, state or region the prosperity and development depended on the good and better roads there.

During the press conference, dozens of people announced their joining the LJP, saying that the party in Jammu and Kashmir, headed by Sanjay Saraf, is truly a benefactor of the people, who always raised public issues

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *